At the end of the 19th century, the area of ​​the Municipality of Prnjavor, rarely populated at that time, was inhabited by the population from Eastern and Central Europe. Through mass migrations, and thanks to Austro-Hungarian policy, the Municipality of Prnjavor took on the physiognomy of multi-ethnic space. According to some data, about 20 different ethnic groups were settled in the territory of Prnjavor Municipality at the end of the 20th century, and Prnjavor was rightly called the “Little Europe” or “Europe in Small”. It was first settled by the Italians, in 1881, who inhabited the Village of Stivor. In the autumn of 1894, the Czechs arrived to Machin’s Hill, and according to some beliefs, they brought potatoes to Bosnia and Herzegovina. The area of ​​the former Prnjavor region in 1892 was inhabited by the Poles. After the end of the Second World War, the Government of Poland invited the Poles who migrated from the country to return. Leaving the area of ​​the Municipality of Prnjavor, they sang: “We are people with two hearts, one is in Poland and the other in a songful Bosnia.” The first German families of the Prnjavor Municipality settled in 1888, and ten years later Ukrainians came to these settlements . The settlement of the Hungarians lasted from 1900 to 1910. In a smaller number the municipality was inhabited by the Slovaks, Bulgarians, Romanians and other peoples. They came in horse rams, bringing different ethnology and ethnography, and leaving the foremost imprint of their customs, habits and culture. The common life in these areas, often marked by turbulent events, has created an atmosphere of respect and tolerance, which has been Prnjavor’s character for decades. That is why we are proudly still bearing the nickname “Little Europe”.